Kier North Tyneside is a joint venture company formed between North Tyneside Council and Kier Building Maintenance to deliver the repairs and maintenance service for North Tyneside's social housing and public buildings.
O’Brien has worked with Kier North Tyneside for number of years, managing and recycling waste produced by their contracts across the region. The contract services include:
- Collection and transport of waste (on request)
- Collection of waste door to door (on request)
- Recycling of waste from Kier Sites (including Kier Segregation Facility when required)
- Provision of a facility for Kier to dispose of waste direct to O’Brien MRFs (Material Recycling Facilities)
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Skip hire
O’Brien provides Kier with staff education, training and awareness of waste segregation. This covers the recycling process, how to segregate and prepare recyclable materials on-site and the correct disposal methods, ensuring that Kier meet their obligation under the waste hierarchy.
Key Performance Indicators / Service Levels
- Reports submitted on agreed dates
- Toolbox talks to Kier staff
- Educational visits to O’Brien Head Office MRF
- Dedicated contract management
- Quarterly review meetings
- Bi-annual access to waste management facilities and records for Kier duty of care requirements
- Bi-annual single waste stream assessment
- Site audits to manage and improve performance around waste segregation
O’Brien worked with Kier to develop a bespoke contract pricing structure which allows Kier to manage all of their waste needs in every location they are contracting.
Our experience with Kier North Tyneside has enabled us to gain invaluable insight into how their organisation operates and how they manage the waste they produce. This has led to us working with Kier to educate their staff and in turn improve their recycling rates.
O’Brien have continuously provided an excellent service to Kier and have the agility to meet the changing needs of their sites to improve the environmental and fiscal performance throughout the contract.