Sunderland Association Football Club is based at the Stadium of Light which is a 49,000 capacity stadium.
In addition to match days they also host a wide range of additional hospitality, social/corporate events and concerts.
Services provided by O’Brien include the collection and disposal of general and mixed recycling waste, confidential shredding, snow clearance and gritting, hazardous waste removal and disposal and event waste management for music concerts held at the stadium.
For the large scale events O’Brien provide a full waste management plan which includes the supply of containers, waste collection vehicles as well as staff and cleaning equipment.
Key Performance Indicators / Service Levels
- Removal of waste on agreed days and at agreed times
- Response times to requests of service
- Cleanliness of storage areas for bins
- Maintain service level throughout inclement weather
- Increase awareness of recycling and waste management
- Reducing costs as well as carbon footprint
- Increasing recycling rates
O’Brien have been working with Sunderland AFC since 2008, during this time their recycling rates have greatly improved due to our extremely high standards of service.
- Increased awareness of recycling and waste management
- Reduction of costs
- Reduce their carbon footprint
- Increased recycling rates